My name is Tomáš Kubík. I am a Czech artist.
I specialize primarily in realistic figurative painting. Nevertheless, you can also find a variety of other painting genres and techniques in my portfolio (still life, landscape, pastel, pen drawing etc.)
I am mostly inspired by the Renaissance and Baroque masters, where I see qualities that I find lacking in contemporary art.
I studied at the Academy of Fine Arts in Prague, Czech Republic where I spent 6 years studying classical painting techniques and 2 years studying mixed-media production.
My paintings can be seen in the collection of National Gallery in Prague, Czech Republic and in private collections around the world.
- 2019 Arista Art Spoon, Villa Baruchello, Porto Sant Elpidio, Italy.
- 2017 Fascination with reality, Museum of Modern Art, Olomouc, Czech Republic.
- 2015 Drawings – Solo exhibition, Alina Gallery, Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic
- 2004 Graduates of the Academy of Fine Arts , Veletržní palac, Prague.
- 2003 ARTTODAY Group, Gallery Nová síň, Prague.
- 2002 Solo exhibition, Gallery Design Lab, Miami, Florida.
- 2001 Painting School of professor Z. Beran, Wortnerův dům AJG, České Budějovice.
- 2000 The Academy of Fine Arts 2000, Mánes, Prague.
- 1997 The exhibition of professor Beran’s studio, Gallery U prstenu, Prague.
- 2004 National Gallery in Prague has purchaised my painting “Scenes from a Marriage”. It is exhibited in its permanent collection in Veletržní palac in Prague, Czech Republic.
- 2001 First prise in the competition for a portrait painting of the rector of the Charles University, prof. JUDr. Karel Malý. The painting is located in Prague’s Karolinum (Charles university), in the portraits gallery of rectors of Charles University (since 1882).
- 2000 Award of the Minister of Education for Excellent Student for Outstanding Results in Study and Creative Activities in Painting.
- 1998 Award of the Rector of the Academy of Fine Arts in Prague. Painting “Self-portrait in Vermeer style” is exhibited in the Rector’s Office.
- 1998 Award of the studio of classical painting techniques of prof. Zdeněk Beran.